If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to protect your sensitive air system from potential danger due to impending fire, the FireChek is the answer. The FireChek will not only vent the pneumatic actuator, but it will also close the actuator air supply line when it determines the temperature has risen and there is a potential for fire. Since heat, not flame, is the trigger to shut down the air supply, the FireChek is superior to the traditional plastic tubing burn-through products. The shape memory element is extremely reliable and has been utilized for years in numerous industries, including the military. This product offers manual reset that makes it easy to test for safety and standard maintenance.
• Quickly reacts to temperature increase, not flames.
• Vents actuator air pressure.
• Closes actuator air supply line.
• Activates by itself and doesn't require power.
• Compatible with all pneumatic actuators.
• No contact with process fluids.
• Easily tested and is resettable.
• Reliable, intrinsic triggering.
• Simple installation to new and retrofit applications.
• FM approved
126 PSI (8.62 bar)
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
Shape Memory Alloy Actuator and Sensor: MEMRY®.
Thermal Insulators: DELRIN®.
Body Cover, Reset, Shuttle Cap, Pin and Bias Spring: 300 stainless steel.
Actuation Time: 25 sec. or less at a temperature rise rate of 30˚F/min.
Fill and Discharge Capacity: 1 liter of air in under 1 sec. at 125 PSI (8.62 bar); 0.49 CV.
Dimensions: 2.59” length, 1.00” diameter.
Weight: 0.482 lbs.