Shop by Category
Positive displacement flow meters are designed for low flow and high accuracy over a wide range of fluid viscosity (generally used for thicker liquids).
- They can be used in very viscous, dark colored fluids.
- Meter requires fluid to mechanically displace components in the meter.
- Measures moving fluid or gas by dividing the media into fixed, metered volumes.
- A basic analogy would be holding a bucket below a tap, filling it to a set level, then quickly replacing it with another bucket and timing the rate at which the buckets are filled (or the total number of buckets for the “totalized” flow).
- Transfer of oils and liquid fluids (gasoline)
- Residential home natural gas and water metering
- Chemical injection
- Fuel measurement
- Precision test stands
- High pressure
- Hydraulic testing