The VA Series Compact Air-operated On-Off valves from Assured Automation are a great substitute for a ball valve.
They combine a valve and actuator into a streamlined body that provides the following advantages:
- Compact - takes less space and weighs less
- No moving external parts - greater safety
- Fast-acting - much faster than a ball valve while still providing high flow capacity
- Less air consumption - lower operating costs
- High cycle-life - long service life - tested to well over 1 million cycles
- Repairable - seal replacement kits available
- COSTS LESS!
Body Material: Nickel Plated Brass
Seal Material: Viton®
Connections: Female NPT Threaded
Max. Temperature: 304˚F
Max. Pressure: 150 psi
How Does it Work?
The models offered here are all spring return. They use air to open and then springs to close them. This is referred to as "normally closed" or "fail closed" because they remain closed until compressed air is supplied to open them. If either the air pressure or power to the solenoid valve is lost, they will return to the closed position.
*** This is just a small sampling of the VA Series with limited options. Please see below ***
Other options available from Assured Automation:
- Fail Open
- Double Acting (air required to open and to close - valve fails in place if power or air is lost)
- Other solenoid voltages and connectors
- EPDM or BUNA seats and seals
- Specially cleaned for use with Oxygen
- G (gas) threads (BSPP)
- Limit switches for position confirmation feedback
- 1 1/4" size